I have been caught up in a whirlwind of attempted self-improvement, and totally missed my big one. The five-year blogiversary!
Some things that have changed since I started blogging in 2006:
1. Instead of growing baby teeth, Leila is thinking about losing hers (first loose tooth discovered last night *sniffle*)
2. Instead of reading bedtime stories to Leila, she often reads to me as part of our good night routine.
3. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility of parenting one little girl, I have two!
4. Instead of enjoying the love and companionship of one little girl, I am blessed to have two!
5. Of course, my location (mommytolbc.blogspot.com -> jumpingdaisy.com
Some things that have stayed the same:
1. The tremendous amount of love that I feel for my family and friends. That’s probably you.
2. The devotion that my husband and I have towards each other, and toward raising our family.
3. My constant desire to do better, feel better and live better. My determination may wax and wane, but I never give up.
4. My struggle to stay in front of the tide of stress, worry and depression. I may not be totally open about my struggles, but if you know me, you know this isn’t easy.
5. The importance I place on legacy.
Some things I have learned as a blogger:
1. You may be able to put too much of what is in your head into the internet, but you can’t put too much of your heart out there. Share what you feel, you may show someone important how important they are to you.
2. A blog beats the pants off of a baby book. (At least that is what I am telling myself, as I have two pretty much empty baby books in my house somewhere)
3. When having casual conversation with friends and family, they are probably hearing something from you that they have already read.
4. No matter how often you blog, someone will complain that it isn’t enough (MOM!)
5. Web hosting costs are the cheapest therapy available.
6. Daisies may be hardy flowers, but they take time, which I rarely have and work which I am happy to give to a project I love. This blog is a project I love, even though it may not seem like I am always devoted to it. I do have a pretty amazing garden to tend to so you can bet that I will be posting about my little daisies eventually.